Performance IssuesLatest update: May 30, 2018 | Reading time: 2 to 3 minutes
You may find out loading speed needs a little (or more) improvement. Our themes are optimized for speed, so before contacting us, check the following points as even one of them may prove to be the Achilles’ heel of your website:
1) PHP version running on the server your site is hosted. You won’t believe how faster the website is responding on a server with PHP v7 (or higher) rather than on a server with PHP v5.3.
2) Installed plugins (apart from those packaged with the theme). Although the number of the plugins may not be straight related to the performance, the possibilities of having included at least one plugin with poorly written code rises a lot. Troubleshoot by disabling one plugin at a time and checking the website. Note, you don’t have to disable plugins recommended by the theme.
3) Graphical elements, especially images may require a lot of resources from the server. Check the images you’ve uploaded. The best way is to use web-optimized images; keep the size of the files as low as you can and use progressive format to allow image appear before even fully loaded. You may as well use an image optimizer such as http://optimizilla.com/
4) If you’ve finished with developing the website, it is a good idea to use a caching plugin like Super Cache. It can speed up performance up to 33% by changing the output from PHP to HTML which is typically loading faster in the browser.
Other factors you may need to check:
- Hosting plan and platform
- Added code, analytics or advertising modules
- Malware Infection
- Bandwidth Throttling (ISP)
- Images file size (used on pages)